Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Book Review: Incarnate

Sometimes we do judge the book by its cover ... this is especially true of Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. The cover is intriguing and pulls you in. Is that a mask she is wearing? Is she part butterfly? 



November 4th 

I pick up this book and I am not sure what I'm expecting. I had read a review forever ago and put it on my "to be read" list and forgot about it. Well, after it made the rounds and my library hold came up I checked it out ... and then had to renew it because I wasn't getting to it. 
After NaNoWriMo ended, I don't want to start editing, I needed a break from my characters and so I'm soaking up other ones. 

Three Things I Like:
1. Totally new premise
2. Ana is both strong, weak, and naive at the same time - which makes her interesting
3. I like that parts of the plot are hidden without making you crazy. It is a sneaky whispered conversation here and a question there.

Three Things I Don't Like:
1. I don't like how Li has so much control over everything - she sucks
2. I don't like how confusing Sam's character is - he is Hot/Cold, Good/Bad ... I'm 2/3 of the way through the book and I like him less and less. I like his relationship with Ana and Seph - but I just don't really understand him.
3. I'd like more about their world. Ana had all these questions at the beginning and she has been doing all this research - what are the answers?

No comments:

Post a Comment