Sunday, September 1, 2013

Book Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick




September 1st

Normally I'm not one to spend all day long reading (okay, that might be a white lie, but I usually don't HAVE all day to spend reading, so silly that we have to work). However, I can't stop reading until I know if everything turns out okay for Nora and Patch. I'm 78% of the way through (thanks GoodReads) and I'm not sure there is going to be a happy ending here.

Nora may be Patch's assignment - until she pushes him away. He seems to survive this "heartbreak" because he is totally messing around with Nora's archenemy days later. As much as I want to love Patch, he is a jerk. There is a new guy I don't trust (again), Vee isn't all that reliable (again), and Nora might be going crazy (again). Can't we get a break!

This might sound like a repeat of Hush, Hush, but it is pretty far from the same scenario here. Why can't Nora pull it together? What is going on with Patch? Where did the mysterious envelope come from and did the sender lie or what? Augh! There aren't that many pages left and I'm REALLY hoping for a happy ending!

September 1st -- continued

Well, I've finished it. Ummmm ... was that a happy ending?

Rest assured that some questions are answered, but so many will remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment